Saturday, June 16, 2007

More Piggin' Rain

Can anyone remember a few weeks back when people were asking "Can you remember the last time it rained?" Well thats definitley 'in the past' as everyone is asking if anyone can remember the last time it DIDN'T rain.

Today started off ok but we've had torrential rain and thunderstorms this afternoon. I had a brief wander round the MIL's garden this morning but only really got one picture worth keeping.

When I loaded it in PS7, part of the picture was blown out (top part of the flower). I decided to have a play with the 'Burn Tool' - not sure how well I used it but it improved the look of the picture.

Not sure if you can see on the uploaded picture but it has a couple of greenfly on the petals, one at the top and one lower down on the left. I particularly like the raindrops at the bottom, I can imagine then dropping off at any second.


Today I also came across a free PS tutorial CD that I got with Amateur Photographer a while back. Coincidentally two of the tutorials relate to the Dodge & Burn Tools so I'll sit down with that sometime and see where I'm going wrong (or right possibly you never know).

Yesterday I ordered a photobook via the internet - should be here about Wednesday of next week. I made it up with a selection of wedding photographs in. If it looks OK I may offer them as part of the wedding package. Uploaded the pictures surprisingly quickly considering thee was about 19mb worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment